In all cases we meet with the client to gather facts and determine the strengths and weaknesses of their case. Key factors having an impact on a weapons case are:
• Was the firearm discharged?
• Was the firearm even operable?
• Is there a self-defense claim?
• Was the weapon found in the possession of the defendant?
• Was the defendant legally in possession of the weapon?
• Was anyone injured in the incident?
After a full evaluation of a client’s case we then proceed forward to try and achieve the best possible resolution, through either plea negotiations or trial. But the ultimate decision on taking a plea or going to trial always resides with the client. Sometimes, due to the tough stance prosecutor’s take in cases involving firearms crimes, plea negotiations can be an uphill battle and trial becomes an inevitability. Regardless of what type of Michigan weapons charge you are facing, the attorneys at the West Michigan Defense Team have the experience, knowledge, and ability to vigorously represent you every step of the way.